Wednesday, April 4, 2012

First Drive




Today was the day, the day we actually hooked up the trailer and hit the road for the first time. 

Not a long trip or even really the started but the smalls & I drove to my grandparents house in Yallingup for a few weeks stay while waiting for J to finish up a few jobs.

Just quietly I was packing myself driving the trailer alone, how the car would take it, how I would handle it with the children ALONE. 

Shortly after leaving the first question from Kyla "How long will it take?" and next from Kaleb "Are we there yet?"  ARGGHHHH please tell me that this will not happen every.single.time we get into the car. {I might have to leave them with Cass if this is what a short drive is going to be like}.

Surprisingly enough it actually went really well.  The weather however not so great {think showers & a lovely head wind}.  We made good time and got here in one peace, all of us.




My lovely grandfather helped me set up the camper & after getting leveled I realised we had the trailer on the wrong side.  OOPS, my bad considering we did it in the rain.  Adventure fail #1 {first of many I am sure}.  We found a new spot on grass, got our level, all set up and of course soaked to the bone.

Our first night here was really windy & wet but we all made it till morning, the trailer didn't move and the sun was shining this morning so all in all PERFECT.

Can't wait for J to get here.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're off. I am so looking forward to following you here on the blog :)
    LOL about the "are we there yets?". You have my sympathies xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS