Wednesday, March 27, 2013

5th Birthday {Celebration}

Who is this little girl that is five?
And what happened to my baby girl?

It really does feel like only yesterday in someway that we welcomed our not so wee girl into the world.  She was such a hurry at one point I was sure would be born in the car and I am sure my friend I happened to be chatting to during labour was sure she would be born at home on the couch while I was talking to her.

Her last picture as a four year old.


But she is most certainly her own person, she is most certainly still my little girl but she is well and truly now FIVE too!  She continues to amaze me everyday with the things she comes out with, she has her own little personality & most certainly her own unique style {which includes hating doing her hair regularly}.  She one of a kind and I wouldn't have her any other way.

We had a lovely day celebrating and even better for her with all of the phone calls she took during 'school time'.  A day spent together relaxing, then wandering around the Museum of WA here in Kalgoorlie, some fairy bread & watermelon with friends and of course cake.


Start the day later than normal {she slept in go figure} with presents from us & Nan/Grayza/Aunty Ali & co
 
 
The cake
{Rainbow coloured banana cake with cream cheese icing}



 

The trip to the Museum
 


Happy Birthday time
{with Alissa, Hannah & Emily}




She had a wonderful afternoon with the girls playing at our place and then followed up with a play at the park.  Once they all left we set to work cooking her requested dinner of hamburgers of which she only ate half.  It was a lovely way to spend her first day as a 5 year old.

Next birthday for us will be J in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS