Monday, July 14, 2014

Winning Bush Gymkarna {Event}

We are back for a fun filled weekend again, it was almost like we had never left.

Friday was preparing everything at the grounds ready for what was sure to be a full on few days.  The afternoon came and our handful of children turned into more children than adults, they really do come out of nowhere sometimes, I'm sure of it!  With the children feed, wash and in bed the adults headed to the shed for a few drinks.  It was nice to finally relax and catch up after the crazy week that had been.

I called it an early night, well it was before midnight at least, ready for a long and crazy Saturday.

Kaleb was awake before the sun even rose, he was that excited about riding in the motorbike events.  A big pot of porridge for all and it was time to head over, get covered in dust and watch Kaleb ride his little heart out!  And that he most certainly did.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Kyla had a great time watching everything that was taking place, helping hand out ribbons to the winners and playing with all the other children.  I don't think I saw her for the majority of the weekend, same goes for Kaleb once he had finished his races.

The kids party came and went without a hitch.  We had just enough food and balloons, I swear I've not seen so many children in one places in years.  Not since the kid's went to school!  Thankfully with little real effort the kids all had a fabulous time, listening to music, playing with gloop, play dough and even having a game of pass the parcel.

Sunday made way for the horses, sadly no pictures as I left my camera behind but it was a great watch again.  Though I will admit that I talked way more than I watched.  Horses finished up and it was time for presentations.  Sadly, I again didn't get pictures as I was helping behind the scenes but Kaleb really did clean up!

For a boy who had only learn to ride a two wheel bike two months early, had only had his own for a week and had very little practice of the actual events he did so well.  I was very proud of him, we all were.  He was actually awarded 'Sub-Junior Champion'

Children to bed again, night by the fire and it was time to say goodbye to another day.

Monday was a slow start, packing the camper and then cleaning up the shed before saying our goodbyes to new friends and old before heading back to Wooramel.



x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS