Saturday, June 1, 2013

Emma Gorge {Gibb River Road}



Time to start our last gorge walk on the Gibb River Road.  We managed to head over reasonably early so seemed to miss the crowds {although passed heaps of silly people walking up in the middle of the day as we made our decent}.  I started with this idea in my head that it would be a reasonably easy walk as this seemed to be the one that most of the ‘oldie’ tours came too.  

Boy was I wrong!

We climbed up & up, and then up some more just for good measure.  Climbing rocks, crossing the water and climbing some more.  Made for even more of a workout with a wee child on my back and Kyla attached to my hand.

When we finally made it to the top, it was more than worth it.  The Gorge was breathe taking, with the ferns above and water flowing off the wall in all different locations.  The boys took a swim but it was far to cold for me to consider more than a cooling splash of water on my face and a quick dip of my very warm/sore feet.








All too soon it was time to start the walk back down and that meant a bribe of ice-cream for the smalls when we made it back to the bottom {I was extremely lucky here as I never checked before we left if they actually sold them}.

At the bottom, ice-cream inhaled and legs rested it was time to hit the road and head into Kunnunarra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS